torsdag 22 maj 2014

Gluten Free Tortillas


Here is a "must try" for ya!





Right after my diagnosis I was quite sad about all the food I no longer could eat (understandably)... at the beginning I was a lot stricter, no gluten, dairy, meat, legumes,yeast, egg yolks, sugar.... yeah what's left right? Looking through pinterest and finding the OMS support forum was my life saver. I realized that as long as I was strict on the truly important parts (saturated fat, dairy, meats, my vit d and flaxseed oil) I could add what I felt my body responded well too after. Gluten was one of those. I could really feel how much better my stomach felt. I have known for some time that gluten is not really good for anyone, whether you have a gluten intolerance or not, but have never had the reason to take the plunge since I have thought it doesn't affect me.




And like I said, now that I did.. My body is thanking me :-)!

While "pinteresting" I found this recipe for Tortillas, and after trying it I can honestly say that in my opinion, they taste better than the store bought normal ones! So these are a definite thumbs up! I would however recommend to double the amount of brown sugar. But that is just my opinion. Give it a whirl and let me know what you think!





Good Luck!
-Josefine


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar