torsdag 17 april 2014

Marie's AMAZING Tomato Sauce (modified for OMS)

(Pictures to come)

Ok so this is one of the best recipes I know! And it is courtesy of my sister-in-law Marie who is one of the best cooks I know! Only makes sense that this recipe ROCKS! Over the weekend I was in England visiting family and made this for one of my meals. My other sister-in-law had a taste and fell in love so I had to share it with her through this blog. I hope that is ok Marie ;-)!!!!

Also it means I no longer have to keep my little note you wrote me on my fridge. It is still there, front and center as I use this recipe often! I can not stress enough how yummy it is with anything! I recently made olive and spinach ravioli (gluten-free of course) and this sauce was it's perfect match!


Marie's AMAZING Tomato Sauce (Slightly modified for OMS)

Splash of extra virgin olive oil
1 onion
3 garlic cloves
3 tins of crushed tomatoes
2 tsp of bullion or one cube (yeast, gluten and sugarfree)
a small pinch of bicarbonate soda
a splash of maple syrup
a tiiiiiiny bit of Sambal Oelek
Salt
Pepper
Shredded zucchini/kale/celeri or any other green vegetable you would like
Fresh basil


Saute the onion garlic and Sambal oelek in the splash of EVOO. Add everything else except the shredded veggies and the basil. Let it cook for as long as possible but preferably 30 min. Then add the vegetables and let bubble for a while longer. At the last second add the basil and further seasoning if needed. 

Serve this with pasta or use as a pizza sauce! If you are not on the OMS diet then serve with some cheese, but if you are look into making almond cheese! I am, I'm just needing to collect some tools for it first :-)! 
Also I use this structure for any sauce or stew I am making that has tomatoes in it. Like yesterday I made a Saag curry and I thought there was something missing so I added a splash of maple syrup and bicarbonate of soda and BAM! Amazing!

Once again, thank you Marie for this wonderful recipe!

Good Luck!
-Josefine





4 kommentarer:

  1. Vad glad jag blir! Jag ska skriva ner ett gott recept på tomatsoppa också, vegan style.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Åh vad bra!!! Det skule jag aldrig tacka nej till! Tack!

      Radera
  2. Hurray!! We have this for dinner tonight!! Thanks Jo (and Marie!!)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Oh Awesome :-)!!!! So great that it's coming to good use!!! <3

      Radera