måndag 31 mars 2014

Kale and Ginger Smoothie


As I have mentioned before I am also following(parts of) the Terry Wahl diet or "the Wahls Protocol" as it's called. One part is the 3x3 cup vegetable model. This model is based on getting the necessary vitamins, minerals and antioxidants for your body to function to the best of it's ability. To find out more about what benefits each vitamin, mineral and antioxidant has that she mentions please watch this video where she explains it all in detail. It is a TED talk, but it has been removed from their site as it is considered "alternative medicine". The amount of people that can testify that changing your diet has a HUGE affect on MS is a lot. So that the neurologist I was speaking to was able to tell me that what I eat has nothing to do with it... crazy! CRAZY!


The 3x3 cup model has 3 parts... duh! 
1. 3 cups of green leaf vegetables (she recommends kale) every day
2. 3 cups of sulfur rich vegetables every day (onion, mushrooms, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower)
3. 3 cups of colorful vegetables every day (carrots, peppers, berries, etc) 




So in order to get my share I have decided to make my morning shake with a kale base every time. This is because I don't always want to make my dinner with kale in it. I have yet to try a savory smoothie, as the thought kind of grosses me out, but this one is a bit of a mix.




Kale and Ginger Smoothie

-1 orange
-1/2 banana
-2x2 cm piece of ginger (less if you dont like a bit if zing)
-Handful of frozen mango or ice (just for the chill (a bit warm otherwise)
-3 cups of kale ( I grabbed 3 large handfuls)


Blend everything but the kale first, then add the kale and blend for a long time :-)! 


Enjoy!!!
-Josefine

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar